Islamic marriage contracts are offered at the Prayer Center by appointment only.
- Marriage license from Cook County court. (Please notify us beforehand if you live outside Cook County.)
- Both groom and bride must bring a valid photo identification card like passport, driver license, ID card.
- Bride must be accompanied by her father or guardian.
- There must be two Muslim male witnesses to sign on the contract.
- An amount of dowry (Mahr) between the two families must be agreed prior to the marriage ceremony.
- The Islamic ceremony cannot be conducted on the same day the marriage license is obtained from the court. By law, 24 hours must pass before conducting the marriage ceremony.
- There is no fee for the Islamic marriage ceremony but donations are graciously welcomed.