Orland Park Prayer Center
To worship God through serving people in all their spiritual, educational and social needs by developing and empowering our community on the values of faith, justice and equality.
To be the center of Islamic enrichment and guidance for a prosperous and virtuous society.
(708) 428-1400, ext.101
Sheikh Kifah Mustapha is the Imam and Director of The Prayer Center of Orland Park.
He is the appointed representative for the Ministry of Religious Affairs in Lebanon (Darul Fatwa) on behalf of the Lebanese Community in the USA.
• Bachelor’s in Sharia from American Islamic University in VA, USA
• Diploma of Sharia (Master’s Program) from Beirut Islamic University (Azhar Beirut) in Beirut, Lebanon
• Master’s Degree in Islamic Studies from Global Theological Foundation (GTF) Indiana, USA
• Chairman of the Illinois Council of Imams and Scholars
• The Council for the Center for Faith and Community Health Transformation
• The American Islamic College in Chicago
• Sh. Kifah has served as Imam at the Mosque Foundation; Islamic Cultural Center; and Al-Ansar Mosque
• He was a founder of the Council of Lebanese American Imams
• He taught Islamic Studies for High School students at Universal School for six years
• He also served as a member on the Advisory Boards of the Mission and Spiritual Care for Advocate Health Group in Illinois
• He is a well known motivational speaker, youth mentor and active participant in interfaith relations
• CAIR-Chicago Mobilizer Award
• Arab American Business & Professional Association’s Outstanding Leadership Award
• Lincoln Land Legends Scholars for Dollars Award
Sheikh Jafar Hawa is an Imam at the Prayer Center of Orland Park & Director of the Qur’an Academy.
• Imam Jafar Hawa was born in Amman, Jordan.
• By the Age of 14, Imam Jafar had memorized the Quran.
• In 2003 he began leading Taraweeh prayers in Amman. Later on he led Taraweeh in other major cities.
• In 2006 Imam Jafar received “Ijaza”, a certification of reading and memorizing the Quran with a chain leading back to the Prophet (PBUH).
• In 2008 Imam Jafar was assigned to one of the largest mosques in Amman, Jordan, where he served for seven years as an Imam and Quran instructor. Many students of all ages benefited greatly from his courses.
• During a 2010 national recitation competition titled “The Golden Voice”, Imam Jafar won first place in the entire Kingdom of Jordan.
• In 2014 Imam Jafar recieved his BA in Islamic Banking from Islamic World Science and Education University.
• In 2015 Imam Jafar moved to the Chicago land area with his family to join the Prayer Center of Orland Park (OPPC) as an Imam. Furthermore, in 2016 he was appointed as Director of the Quran Academy.
(708) 428-1400, ext.120
(708) 428-1400, ext.105
Sheikh Haitham Alzamareeh is an Imam and Director of Islamic Studies at the Prayer Center of Orland Park.
• PHD degree (grade of Distinction first class honor): Principles of Jurisprudence (Islamic Law), Islamic University, Medina, Saudi Arabia 2014.
• Master’s degree (grade of Distinction first class honor): Principles of Jurisprudence (Islamic Law), Islamic University, Medina, Saudi Arabia 2008.
• Bachelor’s degree (grade of Distinction first class honor): Faculty of Sharia (Islamic Law), Islamic University, Medina, Saudi Arabia 2003.
• Refugee Studies Diploma: The Academy of Refugee Studies, Britain 2014.
• The training program for graduate students, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2010, 2011).
• The annual Scientific Session – Ibn Jibreen Foundation, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2010, 2011, 2012).
• Professor of Islamic Studies at the Graduate Theological Foundation (GTF) Philadelphia branch (2016 – 2018).
• Visiting Professor and researcher of Islamic Studies at the Graduate Theological Foundation (GTF) – Philadelphia branch (2014 – 2015).
• Associate Lecturer at Taibah University, Saudi Arabia (2013 – 2014)
• Associate Lecturer at the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2011 – 2012).
• Teacher of Islamic Studies and Arabic Language at the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2009 – 2011).
• Social Worker Supervisor at the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2009 – 2011).
• Manuscripts Indexer, Researcher and Supervisor in the manuscripts indexing project – Deanship of Library Affairs – Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2005 – 2009).
• Advocacy Program to Educate Pilgrims – Global Foundation for Reconstruction and Development, Saudi Arabia (2006 – 2009)
• Quran and Tajweed teacher at the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2002 – 2005).
• Hafiz of Al-Quran Al Kareem through the narration of Hafs from Assem and Member of the Holy Quran Society at the Islamic University of the Medina, Saudi Arabia (2002 – 2003).
• Distinguished Professor Award – Graduate Theological Foundation, Philadelphia, PA (2019).
• Distinguished Quran teacher award – Islamic Center of Philadelphia, PA (2018).
• Medina Award for Scientific and Academic Excellence (2009).
• Quran Society award – the Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia (2002, 2003).
Sheikh Hassan Natour is the Youth Imam at the Prayer Center of Orland Park.
(708) 428-1400, ext.106
Sign up to get the monthly Insight E-News, Programs & Events Announcements, as well as Ramadan and Eid information delivered to your inbox.