- Cutting pubic hair which grows around private area. This is a part of the body that is always covered with constrictive or layering of clothing. The resulting sweat of the body and lack of air flow can cause a bad odor if hair is not cut or shaved.
- Circumcision is a healthy practice to keep private area for males clean, especially after adulthood for clean intimacy.
- Cutting the moustache is also seen as a clean approach to reduce germs that may be breathed in, to lessen the chance for anything to stick to the moustache hair, and to reduce contamination of food or drink if the moustache were to touch it.
- Cutting or shaving underarm hair is also an act of hygiene to avoid the moisture and sweat from harboring bacteria and causing irritation and bad odor.
- Cutting nails as a protection from harboring any type of dirt or filth under the nails which could spread bacteria or disease through preparation of food or eating.
A’esha (RAA) narrated in another Hadith additional practices of Sunan Al-Fitra which include: Growing beard, brushing teeth, gargling water, cleaning nostrils, and cleaning private area after using washroom.
By Sh. Kifah Mustapha